The everyday life of living like Kings...


Saturday, April 9, 2011

Baby Fever?!

I recently started a new job.... For those of you that know me, I have been working as a nurse on a Neurosurgery floor since we moved to San Antonio last July. Before that I was working on a Neuro/Orthopedic floor in Omaha.

Well... I am doing something different now... much, MUCH different. I am working on a Mother/Baby unit. I am currently still on orientation, but I will be taking care of Moms & their babies after they deliver. I am super excited about the types of patients I will be working with. It is such a "happy" environment... much different from the broken bones & very sad cases I was working with previously.

The most frequent question I get when I tell people where I am working is, "Doesn't it make you want to have another baby?!?" It is awesome seeing all they babies & seeing how precious they are at such a young age. I still am in awe that Brady was ever that young.... and when I come home & see him walking around and eating solid foods.... it makes me sad to think he is growing up so darn fast. However, I also think about how fun he is & how much he makes me laugh and proud with each new thing he has learned... but, I can't stop thinking how nice it would be to have such a little baby again... and eventually have a little sibling for Brady to play with...

But... there is a second side to my job.... it isn't just the cute, little, innocent babies.... it is the mothers... who, are happy for the most part.... but are in pain, exhausted, and have many long months ahead of them.... of being sleep deprived, pain, and coming off their pregnancy hormones.... and I remind myself that I am not quite ready for that again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment