The everyday life of living like Kings...


Thursday, November 1, 2012

A new take to a Wedding Gift




So a few months ago some great friends of ours got married. We were unable to make the wedding because we were having a baby instead. We wanted to get them a special present besides the generic gifts from Bed Bath & Beyond. (especially since not only did we not make the wedding & Austin was the best man, but now it was PAST the wedding & we still hadn't sent them anything!)

I saw this awesome idea in Pintrest that I wanted to give a go at, but the link did not link up to the picture I had pinned, so I had to figure it out for myself.

We found the lyrics to the first song they danced to at the wedding. This song was especially important because it was Phish, and they spent their honeymoon going to Phish concerts.

I went to Hobby Lobby & got some heavy duty drawing paper and tried my best to make a tree like the picture had shown. Trust me, this took many tries to get it too look even somewhat like a tree.

Once I got the tree, I made lines all across it so I would be writing in a straight line.

Then, of course, I filled in the lyrics on the line with pen.

Then, I realized I 1.) ran out of room for all the lyrics and 2.) I wrote way too big for it to look neat.

So, I re wrote it all out with pencil on a new "tree", but started at the trunk of the tree and wrote all the lyrics in reverse. Since they would really be able to pick up on The lyrics on the trunk of the tree, I wanted to make sure the trunk looked great and you could read the lyrics good. This part took me the longest. I wrote them all out in pencil, but imagine writing a sentence by writing the last word first, and writing right to left.

Once it was all done in pencil I went over it in ink, let it dry, and erased all my pencil marks.

Then I cut out my tree.

After my tree was cut I put it on another piece of paper like I saw in the picture. I got a couple opinions and decided that I was going to do a blue border around the tree to make it stand out a little more and give the tree more definition.


Then I cut out hearts and experimented on where they would look the best "hanging" from the tree.

In the picture they had the initials of the bride and groom written on each heart, but I liked their names and wedding day written on the bottom better instead.

Then, I ordered a picture frame off Amazon. I normally would have just bought a frame from the store, but I wanted to keep all the shipping materials that amazon would supply so we could safely send it up to Nebraska where the bride & groom live.


I was originally going to make one of these with me & Austin's wedding song because I thought they looked so cool, but this project was a little more time consuming than what I had originally thought, so that will have to wait for another day!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment