The everyday life of living like Kings...


Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving

Many of you have been writing on your Facebook wall this month everything you are thankful for. Of course, many of those things I am thankful for too.... My family, my friends, my job, my house, running water, etc....

But let me be honest... This year I was really looking forward to something spectacular. Something I missed last year. Stuffing. Yep, call it what you want folks, stuffing, dressing, delicious goodness.... It is beyond my favorite part of Thanksgiving. And my Dad's is amazing.

I missed this favorite little side dish last year. You see, last year I had to work on Thanksgiving and even though I gave SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS to save me some stuffing.... It was gone when I got home. I was devastated.

This year.... I was so excited when the HUGE bowl of stuffing got put on the table right in front of me. Of course, I loaded up on the little delicacy. There was only one problem.... Appetizers. I had eaten so much freakin' appetizers I only got about 3 bites of this wonderful thing called stuffing before I filled up.

Lola called me to assist her after my 3 bites and I remember someone asking me, "Browyn, are you all done? Can I clear your plate?"  Thinking back to that big bowl of stuffing that was in front of me I of course said, "yes," knowing I could eat stuffing later as well as bring some home for leftovers.

As you can imagine my complete surprise when I walked into the kitchen as my father was dumping my fabulous stuffing into the "compost pile"!!! I immediately jumped to its rescue and..... Though I'm not proud, started grabbing the stuffing with my bare hands out of the compost and back into the bowl. Don't worry, there was enough to save to make me a couple good plates of my favorite dish. However, I'm not that proud that my husband now calls me the "caveman lady" for scrounging out stuffing out of the trash.....

**** Update****

After writing this blog on Friday morning, I began to salivate,  and opened up the refrigerator for a tasty morning treat.  I pulled out bags full of turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts, and even apple & pumpkin pie.... but no stuffing.  I immediately started hyperventilating and couldn't text my family members fast enough.....  but this text did manage to get out to those that counted....

"So, apparently one of you fools took my stuffing last night in your leftovers.  Just so you know... Dad threw it in the compost pile and I dug it out with my bare hands to save it.... So you probably don't want it.  Text me back ASAP so it can be returned to its proper owner."

Luckily, the thief fessed up and it is now safely hidden in my refrigerator... or tummy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment