The everyday life of living like Kings...


Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sequoia


 
Whenever you move, it's always an emotional time.  It's like saying goodbye to a person you once were, and not quite knowing what lies ahead for you....  From that point on, everyone new you meet, will never know that side of you... yes, I know a house is just a house, but then again, a house is not just a house.

I believe my parents moved into this house about 15 years ago.....  Right before my senior year of high school.  Let me tell you, I came here kicking and screaming.  I have too many vivid memories of horrible things I have said to my parents that year.... it was definitely a tough one.  However, it must not have been too tough on me, since a few years after I finished college my husband & I moved back. 

You don't really realize how much you'll miss a place, until you know your about to the point you can't turn back.  This is the place we called "home" when Brady was just 3 1/2 months old.  This is the place where he took his first steps.  Where my sister was right beside me to witness it as well.  This is the home that still has fingerprints on the big glass mirror in the dining room because I couldn't bear to wash off the cute prints of my baby boy looking at his reflection, and getting that huge, open mouthed, "Brady" smile.  This is the house that quickly became less "grown up" and more "you-better-watch-where-your-walking-or-you-will-break-your-ankle-on-a-train", with toys from the bathroom to the bedroom, to under the covers.  This is the house where my son formed such a special bond with his 9-hour-elder cousin.

This is the house that made it possible for us to even think about adding another member to our family with God's will.  This is the house that let us have Lola while being a one income household while Austin was in school.  This is the house that she had her first smile, roll, crawl, and walk.  When my parents heard she was walking, they were here 30 seconds later to witness it themselves.  This is the house where we have continued to learn about God's love, and how blessed we've all been to share such wonderful memories under one roof (or technically, two roofs).

This is the house that is missing a bathtub.  This is the house that allowed us to go "next door" to the neighbors house every other night to use the bathtub, and visit with Grandma & Papa.  This is the house where everyone congregated on Sunday nights for whatever gourmet meal my father had made that night.  This is the house where we "burn" in the backyard......paper, cardboard, or even just firewood while smoking a cigar.  This is the house where the pool was always open and inviting, and where the kids first learned to swim.  This is the house with the backyard where Brady & I have gone on countless "adventures".  This is the yard that Papa mows while having Brady right beside him on his "tractor."  This is the house of Easter egg hunts, birthdays, first bike rides and law school graduation.  This is the house where my parents have given us countless lessons on how to love one another, unconditionally. 

This is just a house, just a house that will be missed tremendously. 











 

 


 



1 comment: