The everyday life of living like Kings...


Sunday, June 19, 2016

My children's father

Many years ago I was sitting in Biology class and a tall, lanky, boy sat behind me.  He always made sure to tell me "please" and "thank you" whenever I passed a paper back to him.  Little did I know, that my sophomore year in high school I would have met my lifelong partner.  Even littler did I know what an amazing father this awkward boy would be to our kids, many years later.

As I watched my husband in church today, I realized what an incredibly different relationship he has with our kids that I do.  Our son crawled into his lap every opportunity he got, and Austin quietly played "thumb wars" with him while listening to the sermon intently.  I started thinking about how our children beg for him to tuck them in each night because he tells the best stories, and how they love getting to "clean up" with him while playing "shark water."  As I watch Brady and him now, playing video games, I am overwhelmed with joy and thankfulness that God has brought this man into our lives.










Austin, you impress me every day with your imagination and creativity with these children.  I see it every day and I saw it even more this past week with Jack staying with us for the week.  Thank you for being you.... because you are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment